In Kannaland it is not always easy to find farm-fresh, organic produce. The kind that is free of chemicals and growth hormones; produced in a way that is sustainable, ethical and humane; and available – not as limp sad specimens in a shop – but directly from a local producer, full of goodness and bursting with flavour.
This is hopefully about to change. Bergsig in the Hoeko Valley is hosting a networking meeting for local growers, producers and consumers on Sunday, 22 February 2015. The idea is to build a local network of environmentally conscious producers and consumers and to create a local market for locally produced organic foods of all kinds.
You should attend if you are a producer or consumer interested in:
• Local food production and building a local economy
• Production without chemicals (organic)
• Exchanging locally saved seed
• Producing healthy meat products in an ethical and humane way
• Creating and growing a local market
• Share information and learn from others
• Joining an alternative currency
• Alternative and affordable Organic Certification
DATES & TIMESSunday, 22 February 2015
14:00 to 17:00
Outside Ladismith in the Hoeko Valley
For directions – send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
REFRESHMENTSTea and coffee will be provided.
Bring your own snacks.
SHOWCASE YOUR PRODUCTS/PRODUCEYou are welcome to bring your products or projects to introduce them to other participants. Make arrangement to secure a table for your display with Alex Kruger via email on email@example.com. A table for business cards, info packs, etc. will be provided.